It’s a stupid-simple approach to shifting your reality to embrace stuff you normally struggle with, but it works:
Shift your outlook into playing with the work, and watch your burdens become joyfully easy to handle.
Sometimes there’s just too much going on in your work and life to kick back and take it easy, so the focus shifts to getting that stuff out of the way so you can finally enjoy yourself. Inevitably you end up putting it off, or you go in with the intention to tackle it head on, and end up dancing around the most important stuff…
Worrying and agonizing over it isn’t ever going to help, so you might as well just chill out and find a better way to go about it.
You want to reframe your approach away from, ‘I just have to get this and this done, and then I can relax and enjoy myself…’ — into:
‘All this work is crazy and overwhelming — but I AM the master of myself — might as well take a pause and remember to bring some fun and joy into it…’
Here’s 5 steps to enjoying the stuff you normally struggle with:
1. Find the thread of joy in doing something you normally hate to do. Entrepreneurs especially are faced with situations like this ALL the time. Being your own boss means you have to do more uncomfortable things in a day than most bored and unhappy employees are forced to do in a week.
2. Take it light and easy, as much as you can. When you can step away from your work and just chill out, and laugh it becomes so much more fun. This fun is also contagious. Play fun music, dance around for a bit, and shake off the fear.
3. Clear your energy so you have more flow and less heaviness. Clearing your energy is KEY so you have a clean slate to work from. If you want more tips on how to do this (free) — subscribe to my Epic Flow Series at Fierce Wisdom.
4. Look right at the work face on, and dive right into it. With bravery and eyes wide open, dive into the work. See it for what it is, and leap in bravely. When you make that conscious decision to take it like a badass, it’s way more fun.
5. Make love to your work. When you’re faced with something you don’t normally want to do, try and approach it from your soft and sensual side. It’s a totally different experience, but it can make it way more exciting.
It’s all about reframing your reality away from the victim mentality of being forced to do crap you hate, into the strength of a self-empowered decision maker. The bottom line is: Make it FUN.
Remember that whatever your situation, and whatever kind of work you may be doing — you yourself are the master of yourself. Don’t stand by and let the situation control you. It’s up to you to call the shots on how you’re going to approach your life and work.
Thanks for reading, and please share this/RT with your gang — cheers! :)
p.s. hey, if all else fails you can always watch this stupid funny cats video with 30 million views.. lol ;)